Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

happy turkey day everyone, from Bahia, Ecuador! I´m in transit right now, driving from Rio Muchacho, a little co-op organic farm near Canoa, to Guayaquil, where we´ll catch a plane tomorrow to the Galápagos!
Rio Muchacho was very interesting, informative, and overall fun! We ate delicious food, if a little devoid of protein, all week, and took classes almost everyday on subjects such as organic farming in general, permaculture, how the moon affects agriculture, composting (poop was a reurring theme all week.) the history of agriculture (an overview..), and bee keeping one morning! I really loved everything I learned, got a few ideas for mom for her garden, and was really surprised with myself that i was actually enjoying gardening, at least in theory! If you´d like to know more about what I learned, I´ll fill you in when I get home. But for now, it´s enough to say that it was a good week, and I´m ready for the boobies and iguanas on the galapagos islas! Everyone enjoy your turkey! I think we´re going to try and find ice cream or something to make up for a lack of pumpkin pie in quayaquil, but family, you should save me some leftovers and see if they´ll keep for a week.
Hasta luego!
Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i would love to hear about your poop lessons when you get home! haha just kidding :) ...but seriously! it sounds quite interesting! i fly home on thursday, the 18th! i can't wait to see you kate s!!!